A step counter is a device used to measure, track and record the number of steps you make within specific time duration such as a day. Just as any other tracking machine, a step counter, when positioned in the right way, it accurately records steps that your hips make whenever they move up and down. In addition to walking, a step counter is also essential in measuring other daily activities you undertake such as bending, jumping squatting, etc.
Some of the common facts and figures about a typical step counter include:
· Every 2,000 steps indicated on the step counter translates to 1 mile or 1.6 kilometers covered. Therefore, whether you are walking along the read, running around the field or simply walking around your compound, be sure to have covered a distance that corresponds to the readings of your step counter. You can actually convert the figures and find out the specific distance you have covered per specific indication of steps recorded on the step counter.
· If your step counter or skrIDttæller indicates 10,000 steps, it shows that you have covered approximately 8 kilometers or 5 miles.
· If you condition yourself to walk 10,000 steps a day, the result is that by the end of the week, you will have burned 2,000 to 3,500 calories, depending on your body weight.
The above facts imply that a step counter is an instrumental device in the management of body weight as well as enabling you to monitor the process and the rate at which you burn your body calories. In so doing, you will have an advantage of achieving the following benefits related to your general health and physical fitness:
· First, it becomes easier to monitor your own progress and adjust your daily activities accordingly to achieve the desired results. This increases your personal accountability regarding your health by making it easier to control your weight loss or weight gain by either increasing or reducing the number of steps you make per specific time duration.
· Besides weight management, a step counter greatly saves your money and time. For instance, with this device, you have a chance of saving the amount of money and time you would have to spend seeking professional weight monitoring from specialists. With appropriate remedial action taken towards your weight situation, it saves you from diseases and other complications that arise due to overweight problems such as obesity.
· Similarly, it becomes easier to set goals and achieve them. For instance, you can target to be taking 500 rope skips per day which would otherwise be challenging without a step counter.
In a nutshell, a step counter is an important device in achieving some benefits in different ways as briefly discussed above. There are more ways in which this device can benefit you both directly and indirectly. Is cheaply available as compared to other gadgets that serve a similar purpose. Spending a few coins to purchase it makes a big difference. A step counter is a beneficial device and therefore a device you need to buy and use.